Take My Breath Away - Readers' Group Information
Take My Breath Away is set in and around events at a glitzy London law firm. A young woman who has joined the firm has a dark secret she is desperate to hide. Nic Gabriel, a writer fascinated by crime, investigates a mystery which will ensure that both their lives change forever.
The Morning Star called this book ĎAn unusual and delightfully mysterious novel, with elements of topical satire.'
Suggested discussion points for readersí groups
A starting point for debate may be some or all of the following questions:
- How did you react to the opening chapter?
- Did you find the characters of Nic and Roxanne engaging?
- Did you try to solve the mystery of events at Creed, and if so, did you succeed?
- Did you find the plot credible?
- Did you find the legal background to the story interesting and credible?
- Did you agree that the book included satire, and if so, of whom?
- Would you have preferred more or less satire in the story?
- Would you read another book featuring Nic Gabriel?
Take My Breath Away is published in the UK by Allison & Busby and in the US by Five Star.